VISION / MISSION
- To be in partnership with all parents, the community and other stakeholders to provide a dynamic educational program
- Together we strive for excellence, to prepare and support learners to become responsible adults in our society
- We serve the community and will inform them regarding the education system, opportunities and challenges
WE STRIVE TO:
- Uphold the principles that are moral and true, based on religion and national principles, while each individual’s democratic rights and freedom of religion is respected
- Provide optimal teaching in subjects suitable to our learners
- Serve our community
- Develop each person as a whole
- Promote the encouragement of entrepreneurship through the education system
- Provide opportunities to all learners to reach their potential
- Use formal teaching leadership and personal development through an experiential education system
M – Morals
E – Excellence and Effective Communication
R – Respect and Responsibility
I – Integrity
T – Trust
APPLICATION FORM 2022 – GRADES 9-11
Parents/guardians please take note:
Please download the document below and bring the completed document to school, with all the necessary certified supporting documents.
The Subject choice form is only for Grade 10 learners. This should also be downloaded, completed and handed in at the school.
Registrations opening for Grade 9-11 on 11/10/2021 until 30/11/2021.
New Head Mistress
We are pleased to announce that Mrs Lana De Villiers started as Head Mistress of Voortrekkerhoogte High School on 1 February 2019.
Mrs De Villiers has been at the school for 30 years. She has been the HOD for the business department for most of that time.
On the 17th of October 2017 VTH held our annual awards ceremony where we honour all the students who excelled in various categories throughout the year. The evening was filled with joys and proud parents whom, together with their well-deserving children, celebrated the year’s achievements. Success in life can only come through sacrifice and effort and at VTH we are exceptionally proud of those learners who consistently showed great work ethic and are now reaping the rewards of their hard work. We are also extremely grateful and privileged to share these occasions with our parents.
At Voortrekkerhoogte High School, Drama has exploded on the stage over the last few years. Not only is drama part of the curriculum for Grade 8 and 9 learners as part of Creative Arts, but also an very successful extra-mural activity whereby the school produces an annual play which participates in various competitions throughout the year.
Mr. M. Kotze is the drama coach. He holds various qualifications including a Licentiate in Speech and Drama Training (Cum Laude) and is also a National Senior Certificate Examiner for a private examination board. The annual play is written and directed by Mr. Kotze. Various genres are explored through the plays and we’ve had some great successes with the plays.
Through hard work, sacrifice and commitment, Voortrekkerhoogte High School has achieved several accolades, such as:
· Winner of Pretoria Eisteddfod in 2014, 2015 & 2016
· Winner of Kemptonpark Eisteddfod in 2015 & 2016
· Winner of Segarona Festival 2013 & 2015
· Winner of National Eisteddfod in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Through drama, learners are taught to build their self-confidence, work with various people in a group setting and are given the freedom the express themselves and explore the world around them. They learn communication skills, self-discipline and creative, innovative problem solving skills.
The school has been featured in local newspapers and had even been invited to UNISA radio where we participated in a live interview regarding the drama activities of the school. Voortrekkerhoogte High School will continue to produce world class plays, developing the youth of today to become independent, self-sufficient leaders of tomorrow who will lead their generation with integrity and compassion.
Voortrekkerhoogte High School is one of the top performing schools in Gauteng Province. Not only is the school a force to be reckoned with academically, but it is also competing provincially, nationally and even internationally in debating.
The school has a strong Debate team that has participated in the South African Model United Nations (SAMUN) Debate, representing the Gauteng Province and the country at the United Nations Debate competition in New York (USA).
In 2014 Khetho Chipala and Lawrence Letseka won the SAMUN National Competition and represented the school and South Africa in New York in 2015.
Christian Tereze won the 2016 SAMUN National Debate competition and will be representing SA in New York in 2017.
In 2011, Stephen Buabeng Baaidoo won the Anglo American National Communicator’s competition and represented South Africa in London.
Tholang Lwana, a matric pupil in 2014, was signed as a player for Free State stars in 2016. Congratulations. You make us proud.